Tips for beginners.
In cultivation of houseplants have a rule - is easier to prevent than cure. Mistakes happen in all - and professional gardeners and beginners. Sometimes impossible to determine from which plant is suffering, but there are conditions that must be respected, but not all of them seriously. Therefore, I would give this advice:
- If you purchased the plant, try to learn about it as much as possible, what he needs as temperature, humidity, watering, etc. Of course, it is better to learn about it in advance, before you buy plants, but, unfortunately, we often acquire plant succumbing to the temptation , charmed by its beauty and the few that knew about it.
- If you have several or many plants, even avid florist sometimes forgets which of the plants that need. Therefore, we can make a card or have a small notebook, where to allocate each of your existing plant to your page. There may be briefly write when his transplant as water, when to fertilize, ie information that is important but often forgotten.
- Try to ensure that the plant permanent seat in the house, as most plants do not like when they transpose from place to place.
- Almost all plants require watering well defended, with soft water. If you plant a lot, you can make a bucket, which will be adjudicated by the water during the day - two. If plants are not a lot you can use plastic bottles of lemonade, which do not close the lid, giving the chlorine will evaporate from the water. There are some plants that do not tolerate hard water irrigation, they can do just get sick and may die.
- If you are going to transplant the plant, it is best to use the purchase soil mixture for a particular plant (states). In a lot of literature, as well as on our website is the composition of soil mixtures for each plant, but not everyone can or know where to take turf or peat land. In this case, for most plants can use ordinary garden soil or a greenhouse, to which is added a well-washed river sand. Before use, the land is desirable to disinfect - good to shed a weak solution of potassium permanganate (which also helps to remove earthworms).
- The main reason that plants suffer in the apartments - central heating. Since the batteries are near a window, locating the plant away from the batteries is not feasible. Try winter, humidify the air around the plant.
- Fresh air is almost a prerequisite for good plant growth. Cacti, for example, can not blossom because they do not have enough fresh air. But none of the plants can not tolerate cold drafts.
- If you see that the plant is sick, get a magnifying glass and inspect the leaves on both sides, stems, flowers in search of vermin, which, incidentally, may not be. Some wonder, where are pests, if they were not there before. Most of them are carried by insects (flies, and front sight drozofilloy), some as larvae remain in the ground and waiting for favorable conditions, some plants are infected with the purchase, but become visible only after some time.
At the present time in any major city has such a large number of flower shops, nurseries or botanical gardens, where you can purchase a variety of plants that can only choose. But, alas, many choose not to those plants that are suited to the conditions in their apartment or office. For example, put gentle Saintpaulia under the scorching rays of the southern windows and a couple of days with a puzzled looking at spots on the leaves, not knowing that it burns or host photophilous passion flower in the depths of the living room and watch her slowly fading, sinning in this case the sellers or any then an unknown pest.
If you, like all the time, forget to water the plants every day, or are forced to go into a mission, then set up an cacti and other succulents. Hydroponic culture is also suitable for those who want to reduce the worries of watering.
Buying houseplants, all florists differently willing to pay attention to them. Someone will be professional and devoted all his spare time, flowers, someone from time to time look in the window sill, where you will find prickly aloe (or agave) and remember that it needs to be watered. Some like curly lush green plants, while others, despite the "bald" stem, will admire the beautiful flowers. If you want to get from their pets really enjoy, you should understand not only their decorative qualities, but also to know different groups of plants. This will help you to place them successfully grow and grow.
Anyone with indoor plants can make a list of things that might be needed to care for plants. These include: thermometer, alcohol, paint brush, a sharp knife (you can scalpel), potassium permanganate, a fungicide and insecticide products, sulfur, charcoal and crushed pieces of charcoal, bits of red brick and crushed red brick, concrete block, spray, watering can with a narrow neck and sticks for tying, paper cups for seedlings, and so on.
Starting to breed plants, remember that all pass through the setbacks, and primarily they are associated with the absence or lack of knowledge. Think in advance what you choose to plant, what conditions they need and whether you can provide these conditions. On our website in the care you will find the information you need on the main terms of the content of plants.
Following the advice and recommendations on the care of plants, you not only time to notice the pests had attacked your pets, but better to see what might go unnoticed. You should know that plants need not only to water, turn over and spray, except that they must periodically inspect (to arrange their periodic medical check-up), remove them with a dry or diseased leaves, wipe with a damp cloth.